DVD Bundle: The Joint Commission -2014 Sessions 1, 2 and 3
This DVD bundle provides training on The Joint Commission accreditation process for ambulatory surgery centers. If you do not want to purchase the bundle, each DVD in this bundle can be purchased separately by clicking on the individual product on the left side of this page. By purchasing this bundle, you will save $147.00 as compared to buying each session separately, plus as a bonus, we will give you a complimentary copy of the Advanced Quality Assessment & Performance Improvement DVD worth $139.00.
The Joint Commission - 2014 - 3 Session Bundle
Presented by: Cathy Montgomery, RN - President - Excellentia Advisory Group
You should purchase this DVD bundle only if you are an ambulatory surgery center pursuing The Joint Commission accreditation or re-accreditation.
This DVD bundle contains 3-DVDs / 3-session presentations teaching you everything that you need to know about the preparation for and passing your Joint Commission accreditation for ambulatory surgery centers. The material content is current through 2014 standards.
Session 1 covers these points and more:
- General discussion of TJC specifics including 2014 update to definition of time and Sentinel Events.
- Leadership-Exploration of the responsibilities, necessary policies and procedures and how to manage contracted services. Board Meeting template provided.
- HR-including OSHA requirements, staff qualifications (including new 2014 requirements for CT techs), orientation and credentialing (the top Joint Commission citation!). OSHA Risk assessment provided.
- Information Management-Various HIPAA requirements as well as TJC requirements. (HIPAA risk assessment provided).
- QA/PI-What is the expectation and how to comply. (Examples of customizable Sharps Safety plan provided as well as tools for Hand Hygiene)
- Record of Care-What’s required.
- Rights and Responsibilities-In-depth discussion of Advanced Directives as well as Grievance & complaint requirements. Language examples provided.
Session 1 is 1 hour and 30 minutes in duration.
Session 2 covers these topics and more:
- Infection Prevention- So much more than hand hygiene! We will review the necessary components required by TJC/CMS/CDC/OSHA to assure compliance. Risk assessment provided, as well as 2013 updated Surveyor Checklist.
- Medication Management-Help your staff and providers comply by knowing what is required by USP 797, Pharmacopeia Standards. (Standards provided)
- 2014 Patient Safety Goals-Discussion of the 2014 revisions as well as Universal Protocols. (Handout on Goals and Protocols provided)
- Provision of Care- Learn the specifics of the chapter. Policy on conscious sedation and oversedation provided.
- Transplant Safety & Waived Testing- Quick review for those providing services.
Session 2 is 1 hour and 19 minutes in duration.
Session 3 covers these topics and more:
- CMS conditional waivers issued in 2013 and how to use them to benefit your facility.
- Suggestions on how to manage the weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual checks that are required.
- Fire Watch protocols provided and described.
- Discussion of most frequent citations.
- Drill handouts include fire, code, MH, Disaster as well as an Emergency Preparedness template.
- Hazard Vulnerability Assessments and how to complete one.
Session 3 is 60 minutes in duration.
Price: $450.00 which represents a $147.00 cost savings as compared to purchasing each session separately. PLUS, as a bonus, we will give you a complimentary copy of the Advanced Quality Assessment & Performance Improvement DVD worth $139.00 by itself.
This price includes 3 - CDs for each respective session which contain the presentation handout for note-taking as well as many handouts inclusive of forms and tools that relate to the subject matter of each session. Handouts of significance include: ASC Cleaning Schedule, Operating Room Cleaning Worksheet, Infection Control Risk Assessment, updated CMS Surveyor Worksheet, Hazard Vulnerabililty Assessment Tool, Emergency Manual, Fire Drill Report and many many other valuable tools.
About Contact Hours & Certificates of Participation
This DVD bundle is worth 4 Contact Hours of continuing education1. Each participant that completes the presentation will receive a Certificate of Participation and one Contact Hour. To receive your certificate, you must contact Excellentia Advisory Group via email@example.com and provide the names of each participant and their professional license number. You will receive your Certificates of Participation in electronic format and Excellentia will keep back up records in case you need it in the future.
1 Excellentia Advisory Group LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP 15481
Issue Date: 4/6/2010; for 4 contact hours.