HIPAA Awareness for Medical Facilities
This one-hour pre-recorded webinar presentation is designed and targeted for training your entire staff on basic HIPAA rules & guidelines.
The Office of Civil Rights has announced re-invigoration of the HIPAA AUDIT PROGRAM for 2014. This is based upon complaints from the OIG regarding their poor audit performance between 2009 and 2011. Make sure your facility is ready.
DVD: HIPAA Awareness for Medical Facilities
Presented by: Cathy Montgomery, RN, CASC President, Excellentia Advisory Group.
DVD: One-hour in duration
Description: What you can expect to learn from this DVD presentation (at minimum):
- What 5 rules comprise HIPAA and what do they each mean?
- What your employee training should consist of?
- How to enhance your Policy & Procedures to cover all of your bases including the 2013 Omnibus Rule?
- What is involved in a risk assessment?
- How & when to self-report?
- Where to find the information and forms for filing breach notifications with HHS?
- What steps to take if you find yourself in the middle of an audit?
- When and how do you use the Notice of Privacy Practices.
These random on-site audits will include interviews, review of your Policies & Procedures and observation for compliance. Fines can be huge. Do not take the risk of delaying or avoiding this HIPAA educational opportunity.
The purchase of this webinar will include a CD with handouts for printing and for note-taking including:
- Note-taking version of the PowerPoint presentation
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Risk Assessment Checklist
- Privacy Checklist
- Fax Confidentiality Statement
Price: $139.00 plus $7.15 for shipping and handling.
Special Offer: We are also offering a 50% off discount on this DVD if you also purchase our second HIPAA training webinar or DVD, HIPAA Privacy Officer Orientation. This discount will be applied during your checkout process or by Lacey if you place your order by telephone.
Once you and any/all staff that have reviewed this DVD presentation, you will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation worth one Contact Hour 1 of continuing education. You simply contact us at email@example.com requesting your certificates. You will need to provide a typed list of all participants first and last name, position title, and license numbers (if professionals).
WHAT IS HIPAA?
The HIPAA Privacy Rule was intended to protect patients privacy yet allow providers permission to disclose necessary information. This is clearly a balancing act if you don't know the rules! Covered entities who must comply with the 1996 Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), would be the following providers:
- Clinics/Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Nursing Homes
While this is not a comprehensive list, it is meant to be an example of the types of facilities & providers who should obtain training on this important subject.
1Contact Hour Disclosure: Excellentia Advisory Group LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP 15481; Issue Date: 4/6/2010