Measures Used to Evaluate a Compounding Pharmacy
Do news titles like this: Did Compounded Antibiotic-steroid Formulation Cause Cataract Patients' Vision Problems?,give you pause? In this particular case, 50 patients that received cataract surgery have reported worsening visual acuity and will possibly sustain long term vision loss. According to the report in Outpatient Surgery magazine, the cause may be related to a compounding pharmacy.
Measures Used to Evaluate a Compounding Pharmacy (How To Select)
- List the difference between a 503a and a 503b pharmacy.
- List the items to be evaluated when touring a compounding pharmacy.
- List the resources to learn about compounding pharmacy.
Presented by: Robin Novak, RN, CIC - Director of Infection Prevention - Excellentia Advisory Group
HANDOUTS: We will be providing a note-taking version of this presentation as well as several documents relative to this presentation and compounding pharmacies.
- Compounding Pharmacy Assessment Questionnaire
- ASCP Guidleines on Outsourcing Compounding Pharmacy
ASHP Guidelines on Compounding Sterile Preparations
PRICE: $139.00 + shipping & handling
1Once you and any/all staff have reviewed this presentation, you will be eligible to receive a Certificate of Participation worth 1.0 Credit Hour of continuing education. You simply contact us at email@example.com requesting your certificates, using the Certificate Request Form found in the link below. You will need to provide a typed list of all participants first and last names, position title (RN ,BSN, etc.), license numbers (if professionals) and date of completion.
* Excellentia Advisory Group LLC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider CEP 15481: Issue Date: 4/6/2010;
CLICK HERE for Certificate Request Form