Top 10 Areas CMS Surveyors Are Probing in ASC's for Deficiences
Many of my surgery center clients have shared their experiences in 2016 / 2017 regarding surveys. Coincidentally, we recently attended a State ASC Association meeting where a representative for AAAHC was speaking. This person hit upon many of the same Top 10 and thus the basis for developing our Top 10 list.
Click underlined links for my solutions.
1. Sterilization of Instruments – Are You Following Manufacturer’s Instructions For Use (IFU’s)? Are you staff using proper sterilization procedures?
2. Endoscope Reprocessing, Storage and Handling; Again MIFU’S!
3. Emergency Preparedness Rule & Operations Plan
4. How to Complete an Infection Control Risk Assessment
6. Life Safety Code
7. Completing the Infection Control Worksheet
8. Following USP797 Guidelines and Safe Injection Practices
9. Quality Assurance / Performance Improvement Program; Are You Conducting Quality Pertinent QAPI Studies?
10. Policies & Procedures: Do you Manage Your Facility According to Your Policies; Does your Policies Reflect Recognized Guidelines & Best Practices; and Is Your Governing Body Involved In Approving Your Policies.
If you discover that you are interested in many of our training solutions, you might want to consider joining our ALL VIDEO EMEMBERSHIP program. For instance there are three more Sterilization training topics in the emembership library of over 100 total presentations.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Sterilization
- Is It Sterile or Did It Just Get Hot!
- Sterilization 101
The program is spread out on a monthly basis and you have access to over 100 presentations and respective documents and thus reducing the cost of each presentation in the $16.00 range as compared to $139 when purchased individually. All nursing staff are eligible for Contact Hours and Certificates of Participation.
CLICK HERE to learn more about emembeship.